Let’s forget about breeches, riding shirts, boots, helmets, and all other riding apparel for a minute. Something else is gaining popularity among the riding (and non-riding) community: horse-themed handbags.
There are handbag companies specifically targeting equestrians and companies that cater to all different audiences. They all have one thing in common: their handbags feature something horse-related. This isn’t the first time that equestrian fashion has found its way into non-equestrian fashion (see: fake riding pants, fake paddock boots, and boots that have fake spurs on them – no, we’re not joking about that last one). We are here to highlight the handbags that caught our eye!
1. Tucker Tweed: This company is specifically geared towards equestrians. After all, its full name is “Tucker Tweed Equestrian.” Each of its bags is embossed with a horse graphic whether it’s hunter/jumper, dressage, or fox hunting related. These bags are quickly gaining popularity with the equestrian community, and I absolutely adore their Normandy Satchel, priced at $229. It came in various colors including black, scarlet, and brown, and it comes with different embossing options, including hunter/jumper, dressage, and fox hunting. The company also offers other leather products such as iPad covers, cross body bags, and wallets. While priced a bit on the high side, these handbags are well-made and will stay in style.
— Deco Pony (@Deco_Pony) January 22, 2015
2. Deco Pony: If you are looking for something more affordable, yet super cute and still trendy, Deco Pony has a bunch of different horse-themed products to suit your taste. I personally adore their Argyle Snaffle Tote, priced at $95. The tote is made with microfiber that is stain-resistant, water-resistant, and able to withstand the rigors of barn and/or show life. Deco Pony also recently released some new wallet designs that I love as well. The wallets are available here. If you don’t like the tote, Deco Pony has a bunch of other cute items for sale, including wristlets and purses. They also offer custom designing.
3. Rebecca Ray: Rebecca Ray is probably most well-known for its cuffs and belts. However, the company also offers a variety of different handbags at different price points. I love their Twisted Bit Clutch, priced at $350. If you’re looking for something more affordable, there is the Burghley Pouch that features a blanketed horse, priced at $65. Rebecca Ray’s designs are classic and trendy – making them perfect for any equestrian. More importantly, they will always be trendy, so if you do choose to splurge, you never have to worry about having a bag that is out of style.
4. Asmar Equestrian: This company has recently gained popularity. While their bag options are limited, they do have a few nice options. Their bags also do not feature horses as prominently. From what I can tell, there is a horse shoe featured in the circular metal piece on each bag. Their Lady Duffle is lovely, priced at $398 – obviously something that would be considered a splurge. It also only comes in white, so this may only be a seasonal item (as my mom always reminds me, you should never use a white handbag after Labor Day).
5. Coach: I am a huge fan of Coach bags, and I adored the pastel collection they released for the spring. I also loved that they featured a horse and carriage on most of their pastel collection. This pastel blue Horse & Carriage Charley Crossbody Bag is to die for, priced at $198. Again, because of the light coloring, this may only be a seasonal bag – but I can say that you will always be able to use it in the spring and Coach bags are well worth the money. They are long-lasting, so if you decided to buy one of the more expensive bags, like the Horse & Carriage Edie Shoulder Bag, priced at $375, you know your money won’t be wasted.
6. Equine Couture: This company has some cute tote bags, and some of the ones I found are on sale meaning you’ll be getting an adorable tote bag for a bargain! I really like this Plaid Tote, available at Dover Saddlery for $34.99, or this Mackenzie Tote Bag, available at netEquestrian.com for $44.95. This Ashley Tote Bag is adorable as well, priced at $24.95.